John Callahan House

John Callahan House, known previously as Pinkney-Callahan House when it was located on St. John Street, is a historic home in Annapolis, Maryland, United States. The brick home was constructed by John Callahan (c. 1754-1803), a prominent and wealthy Annapolitan who served as the Register of the Western Shore Land Office between 1778 and 1803, around 1785-90. It has been moved twice in efforts to prevent its demolition. In 1900-01, the house was relocated to St. John’s Street and then to its present site on Conduit Street in 1972. The home features an unusual gable-end principal façade and a largely intact Georgian/Federal interior finishes. It once served as St. John's College Infirmary.

It was first listed on the National Register of Historic Places on November 12, 1971 (NRHP Reference Number 71000365); after its relocation in 1972, it was listed again in 1973. It is a contributing property in the Colonial Annapolis Historic District.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via