John B. Stetson HouseEdit profile
The John B. Stetson House (known locally as the Stetson Mansion) is a historic home in DeLand, Florida, United States. It is located at 1031 Camphor Lane. The house was designed by popular Philadelphia architect George T. Pearson in 1886. Pearson also designed several buildings for Mr. Stetson on the Stetson University campus, as as well as the Stetson factory buildings in North Philadelphia.
On November 21, 1978 it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
The house was extensively renovated in 2008 and, although a private residence, is open for scheduled tours.References and external links
- Stetson Mansion
- Volusia County listings at National Register of Historic Places
- Florida's Office of Cultural and Historical Programs
- Volusia County listings
- Great Floridians of DeLand