Jefferson HallEdit profile
Jefferson Hall was an apartment building located at 1404 East Jefferson Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985, but subsequently demolished.Description
Jefferson Hall was a four-story red brick apartment building built in the "garden court" style, where apartments are arranged in a U-shape around a central courtyard. This arrangement gave tenants more window space and a courtyard view. The building was trimmed with stone. The main lobby was located in the center of the U, and two commercial stores flanked the entryway. Projecting bay windows were located above, on the second through fourth floors.