Jean Hasbrouck House
The Jean Hasbrouck House in New Paltz, New York, is the centerpiece of Historic Huguenot Street. The house is a National Historic Landmark in its own right and is part of the larger Huguenot Street Historic District, which also enjoys the same status.

History of the house
The house was built in 1721 by Jean Hasbrouck's son Jacob and perhaps incorporates elements of a home built by Jean Hasbrouck on the same site. The Hasbroucks were Huguenots who fled persecution in France and co-founded New Paltz. Their house is considered an excellent example of Hudson Valley Dutch architecture and is well-preserved. It received its current designation in 1967. Significant features include a wide center hallway, a substantial attic space, originally used as a garret, and the only original 18th century jambless fireplace found in the houses of Historic Huguenot Street. The north wall underwent a substantial restoration in 2006, which included the installation of reproduction Dutch-style casement windows. The house served as both a home for family members and a store for the small village. Several slaves owned by Jean and Jacob Hasbrouck also lived at the site and were named in Jean's will as "Gerritt," "James," and "Molly." Several generations of Hasbrouck family members lived in the house, including Josiah Hasbrouck, who served in U.S. Congress during the Thomas Jefferson and James Madison administrations, and who built the substantial Locust Lawn Estate just outside New Paltz. The house was purchased by organization known today as Historic Huguenot Street for use as a museum in 1899. Since then, the house has been open to the public. Presently, the house, along with the six other house museums of Historic Huguenot Street, is open for guided tours from May through October.