Jarrow Hall
Jarrow Hall is a grade II listed building in Jarrow, Tyne and Wear, North East, England. It was built around 1785 by local businessman Simon Temple; he later went bankrupt after a series of poor investments. The hall then passed through a number of hands before being let to the Shell Mex company in 1920, and then the Jarrow Council in 1935. The Council used the hall for a storage depot, eventually letting the building become derelict and in threat of demolition. It was rescued by the St Paul's Development Trust, which funded a £50,000 restoration project. The hall then became the Bede Monastery Museum in 1974, as a means of exhibiting information about local scholar the Venerable Bede - the location of the hall next to St Paul's Church, part of the Monkwearmouth-Jarrow Abbey, meant it was an ideal location for the new museum. The Bede Monastery Museum later became Bede's World in the 1990s. The hall is now used as the cafe for visitors to the museum and also houses the museum offices.

Sources
The Journal (Newcastle upon Tyne), 10 January 2005