James B. Simmons HouseEdit profile
The James B. Simmons House, also known as the Simmons-Bond House, was built in 1903 by the noted Georgia architect E. Levi Prater for James B. Simmons, a successful lumberman. The main occupants of the house have been the James B. Simmons and the Julius Belton Bond families. The property was add to the United States National Register of Historic Places in 1983.Architecture
The house, located in downtown Toccoa, Georgia across from the county courthouse, is representative of the frame Queen Anne Style Greek Revival houses built in Northern Georgia around the turn of the Twentieth century.
Lumberman Simmons' utilized oak extensively throughout the house. Features include a built-in oak china cabinet, carved oak newel posts, dentil molding, extensive oak panels, oak pocket doors, and oak flooring.