Inverness CathedralEdit profile
Inverness Cathedral (Scottish Gaelic: Cathair-Eaglais Inbhir Nis), also known as the Cathedral Church of Saint Andrew (1866–69) is a cathedral of the Scottish Episcopal Church situated in the city of Inverness in Scotland. It is the seat of the Bishop of Moray, Ross and Caithness, ordinary of the Diocese of Moray, Ross and Caithness.
The architect was Alexander Ross, who was based in the city. Construction began in 1866 and was complete by 1869, although a lack of funds precluded the building of the two giant spires of the original design.