Imperial Chemical House

Imperial Chemical House is a building situated on Millbank, London, United Kingdom. It was built between 1928 and 1931 by Sir Frank Baines in the neoclassical style of the inter-war years, at the same time as Thames House, also on Millbank.

It was constructed as the headquarters for Imperial Chemical Industries. Around the fifth floor balustrade are carved allegorical figures in Portland stone, sculpted by Charles Sargeant Jagger, The Builder, Marine Transport, and Agriculture or The Sower and Chemistry.

  • Thames House (left) and Imperial Chemical House (right)

  • The front of Imperial Chemical House on Millbank

  • Jagger's sculpture representing Marine Transport

  • Jagger's sculpture "the Sower"

  • Jagger's sculpture representing Chemistry

  • Jagger's sculpture "the Builder"

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com