IMM Shopping MallEdit profile
Coordinates: 1°20′05.66″N 103°44′48.52″E / 1.3349056°N 103.7468111°E / 1.3349056; 103.7468111
IMM Shopping Mall or IMM Building (Chinese: 国际商品批发中心大厦) is a shopping centre located at Jurong East, Singapore. IMM is an abbreviation for "International Merchandise Mart". The shopping centre is managed by Capitaland. In 2007, IMM expanded and now has 3 new levels of shops.
Major anchor tenants are Giant Hypermarket, Best Denki, Popular, Kopitiam, Burger King, McDonald's, Mos Burger and Daiso.History
After IMM opened in the early 1990s, only IMM card members could enter the shopping mall on levels 1, 2 and 3, including Megamart, the supermarket. However, this restriction ceased in 1999 or 2000 and Giant Hypermarket has since replaced Megamart on level 1.
During the early to mid 1990s, level 5 of the building was an exhibition hall which held various temporary warehouse sales and exhibitions. It has been vacated since then.Facilities
Some facilities in IMM include:
- Indoor Playgrounds.
- Kids' Corner, a mini theatre-cum-playroom which regularly screens cartoons and children’s movies.
- MotherCare, a resting place for mothers and babies.
- Children Play Zone at the roof top garden.
- Baby Rooms are available at Level 1 (near Giant/ Loading Bay Toilet) and at Level 1 (near the Letter Box corridor - leading to covered car park.)
- Urinals for boys in the upgraded male toilets.
- Low sinks (kids' height) in female toilets at some upgraded toilets at Level 2 & 3.
- Kiddy rides strategically located along corridors at Level 1 to 3.
- Arts and Craft corner located next to the travellator landing at Level 3 outside Bagus food court.
- Baby strollers and wheelchairs for the elderly are available at the Customer Service Counter at Level 1 for loan free of charge.
Frequent free shuttle bus services are only available to and from Jurong East MRT Station. Free shuttle bus services to IMM from Boon Lay and Clementi MRT stations have ceased since 2 January 2009.