Ikata Nuclear Power PlantEdit profile
The Ikata Nuclear Power Plant (伊方発電所, Ikata hatsudensho, Ikata NPP) is a nuclear power plant in the town of Ikata in the Nishiuwa District in Ehime Prefecture, Japan. It is the only nuclear plant on the island of Shikoku. It is owned and operated by the Shikoku Electric Power Company.
The plant is on a site with an area of 860,000 m2 (212 acres). 47% of the site is green, compared to the other plants Yonden operates which are 13.8, 45.5, 20.1, and 21.2%.Reactors on site
The previous graph scale is wrong, it should be GWh instead of TWh ...Important events
- On March 3, 2004 there was a coolant leak in Unit 3.
- On August 13, 2003 The maximum burnup for spent fuel was changed from 48,000 MWd/ton to 55,000 MWd/ton.
- Ikata - 1 became the world's first all-in-one extraction of the core internals in a PWR. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries did replacement work of the upper and lower internals in order to accommodate more control rods and allow for higher fuel burnup.
- Ikata - 3 loaded a partial MOX fuel core for the cycle beginning February 24, 2010.
- In Godzilla vs. Destoroyah Godzilla approaches the nuclear plant, and the actions of the Japan Self Defense Forces are stalled in action against the monster, fearing that a direct attack could cause a nuclear explosion (of Godzilla) and destroy the planet. Thankfully, the Super X-III weapon comes to the rescue and freezes the beast before he can do any more harm.
OpenBuildings updated a digital referenceabout 6 years ago via Annotator
OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital referenceabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
Kiril Pavlov updatedabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
nhapqzujbfz nhapqzujbfz updated a digital referenceabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com