Hyde Park FirehouseEdit profile
The Hyde Park Firehouse is located along US 9 in downtown Hyde Park, New York, USA. It was built in 1905 as headquarters for the Eagle Engine and Rescue fire company, which later became part of the Hyde Park Fire Department and moved to newer quarters a block further up Route 9. Architects John O'Donnell and William Beardsley designed it in a Renaissance Revival style.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1993.Town of Hyde Park Historical Society Museum
Today the building serves as a local history museum for the Town of Hyde Park Historical Society.
The Museum is open from June through October on Saturdays from 10-2 P.M. and Sundays from 1-4 P.M. Our collection is from the townspeople, as well as historical items such as the voting machine once used by FDR in 1932 when he ran against Herbert Hoover...the ballot is still intact! For info. call 845-229-2559. We also have local publications for sale and an exhibit of the U.S. Army MP's who guarded President Roosevelt during WWII. Updated March 18, 2011.