Hugh S. Greer Field HouseEdit profile
Hugh S. Greer Field House was a 4,604 seat multi-purpose arena in Storrs, Connecticut. It opened December 1, 1954 with a win against then-archrival URI. It was home to the University of Connecticut Huskies men's and women's basketball teams until January 27, 1990, when the Harry A. Gampel Pavilion opened. The arena is named after former Husky basketball player, coach and athletic director, Hugh Greer. It was remodeled in 1996-97 following the departure of the basketball teams to become a full-time indoor track facility.
Coordinates: 41°48′25″N 72°15′23″W / 41.806948°N 72.256276°W / 41.806948; -72.256276