Home Office Building

The Home Office Building is located adjacent to Military Park at 10 Park Place in Newark, New Jersey. The building was built in 1928 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places on June 17, 1982.

History

The building was designed by Jay H. and Wilson C. Ely and built for the Fireman's Insurance Company. Construction began in 1924 and the building was completed in 1928. In 1982 the building was designated a New Jersey Historic Place and a National Historic Place. The Berger Organization purchased the building in 1990. Also in 1990 a plaque was placed on the building by the Newark Preservation and Landmarks Committee. The building underwent renovations in 2006.

Inscription
Fireman's Insurance Building

The company had previously been based in a building they had also built. The Fireman's Insurance Building was one of the first skyscrapers in the city and the tallest in the city upon its completion in 1910. It is situated at the northeast corner of Market and Broad Streets, the original heart of downtown and the Four Corners Historic District.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings added a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com