Holy Trinity the Less
Holy Trinity the Less was an ancient church within the boundaries of the City of London which was destroyed during the Great Fire of London in September 1666.

Background
The Mortality Bill for the year 1665 , published by the Parish Clerk’s Company, shows 97 parishes within the City of London. By September 6 the following year the city lay in ruins, 86 churches having been destroyed.

Which to rebuild?
In 1670 a Rebuilding Act was passed and a committee set up under the stewardship of Sir Christopher Wren to decide which would be rebuilt. Fifty-one were chosen, but Holy Trinity the Less was one of the unlucky minority never to be rebuilt. It is unusual in that it was a comparatively new building having only been rebuilt in 1606, although Stow could trace its roots back to 1266.

Location
It was located on the east side of Nightrider Street on the south side near St Nicholas Cole Abbey and was, it would seem, a lively parish.

Fate
After the fire, the church's parish was united with St Michael Queenhithe, although partial records remain at IGI. Today the site of the building lies underneath the entrance to Mansion House tube station. The churchyard was razed in 1872 to make room for the station.