Holy Trinity Gough SquareEdit profile
Coordinates: 51°30′50″N 0°6′27″W / 51.51389°N 0.1075°W / 51.51389; -0.1075
Holy Trinity Gough Square was a Victorian parish church in the City of London.History
Holy Trinity was built in response to St Bride, Fleet Street’s need for a sister church to serve its growing population. Situated in Pemberton Row the social reformer Charles Booth noted it served the area’s poorer citizens. As the century wore on legislation was passed to reduce the number of City churches and after a short, but worthy, existencethe then Bishop of London authorised the reunification of the two parishes, the proceeds from the sale going towards the building of St Mellitus, Hanwell.