Hiroshima Municipal Stadium

First Hiroshima Municipal Stadium (初代広島市民球場, Shodai Hiroshima Shimin Kyūjō?) is a stadium in Hiroshima, Japan. It is primarily used for baseball, and was the home field of the Hiroshima Toyo Carp. It opened in 1957 and holds 31,984 people. It stands in the central area of Hiroshima and the Hiroshima Peace Memorial stands opposite this stadium.

To replace the stadium, the new municipal stadium was completed in March 2009. The first stadium was renamed Former Hiroshima Municipal Stadium (旧広島市民球場, Kyū Hiroshima Shimin Kyūjō?) on April 1, 2009, and used for amateur baseball. The first municipal stadium was closed on September 1, 2010.

The stadium disuse bylaw was concluded by the Hiroshima municipal assembly in June, 2010, and the demolition from 2010 was decided.

Access
  • Hiroshima Bus Center
  • Hiroden Main Line and Ujina Line
  • Astram Line

Media

2 photos

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com