Hiram Masonic Lodge No. 7Edit profile
Hiram Masonic Lodge No. 7, a Gothic revival building constructed in 1823, is the oldest public building in Franklin, Tennessee. It houses Hiram Lodge No. 7, founded in 1809, and is the oldest Masonic Hall in continuous use in Tennessee. It was the location of the negotiation and signing of the Treaty of Franklin in 1830, in which the Chickasaw Indians sold their lands prior to being moved west to today's Oklahoma. Sitting president Andrew Jackson was a participant. The building was used as a hospital for wounded Union soldiers after the Battle of Franklin, during the American Civil War.
It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1973.