Hermann BridgeEdit profile
The Hermann Bridge was a cantilevered truss bridge over the Missouri River at Hermann, Missouri between Gasconade County, Missouri and Montgomery County, Missouri. The bridge formerly carried Route 19 traffic and was closed on July 23, 2007, when the Christopher S. Bond Bridge was opened to traffic.
The bridge was built in 1930. Its main span is 401.4 feet and it has a total length of 2,231.3 feet and a deck width of 20 feet. Its vertical clearance is 15 feet. It carried one lane of automobile traffic in each direction.
Immediately after closing of the bridge, demolition began on the portion of the southern end crossing the Union Pacific Railroad tracks to allow completion of the new Bond bridge. Demolition was completed in June 2008 with demolition of the last pier.