Henry W. Grady HouseEdit profile
Henry W. Grady House, commonly known as the Taylor-Grady House, and also known as the General R. D. B. Taylor House or the Robert Taylor-Henry W. Grady House, is a Greek Revival house built in 1840s in Athens, Georgia. It was purchased by the father of Henry W. Grady in 1863. Henry W. Grady was editor of the "Atlanta Constitution" and a major figure in the recovery of the South after the Civil War.
It was purchased by the City of Athens in 1966.
It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1976.
The Junior League of Athens maintains the house, which is open for rental for special occasions and for tours.