Henry D. Clayton HouseEdit profile
Henry D. Clayton House, in Clayton, Alabama, was the birthplace, childhood home, and adult home of Henry De Lamar Clayton, Jr., a legislator and judge. While serving in the U.S. Congress, he sponsored the Clayton Antitrust Act of 1914. This act that prohibited particular types of conduct that were deemed to not be in the best interest of a competitive market. He was appointed as a Federal District Judge in 1914, where he became recognized as an advocate for judicial reform.
The plantation house was built by his father Henry DeLamar Clayton, a Confederate general.
The house was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1976.
It is located 1 mile south of Clayton, off Alabama Bypass 30.