Henninger Turm
The Henninger-Turm ("Henninger tower") is a grain storage silo located in the Frankfurt district of Sachsenhausen. It was built by the Henninger Brewery (now part of the Binding Brewery/Radeberger Group) and has a storage capacity of 16,000 tons of barley. The 120 metres (394 ft), 33-story high tower was designed by Karl Lieser and was built from 1959 to 1961. It was inaugurated on May 18, 1961. Cylinders are made from reinforced concrete . Since October 31, 2002, the tower has been closed to the public while plans to destroy the tower and replace it with a new one were abandoned. Since 1961, the annual professional cycling race Rund um den Henninger-Turm is held on May 1, the course circling the tower multiple times.

Henninger Quartier
In January 2005, new plans were unveiled for a conversion of this landmark into residential towers. This includes construction of three 12-story towers, an 85 metres (279 ft), 20-story tower, several hundred apartments in low-rise buildings, office space, service facilities, and a hotel.


2 photos

Building Activity

  • removed 2 media, activity.buildings_person.create and updated a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
  • updated a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via Annotator