Hebbes Bro

Hebbes Bro (Swedish: "Bridge of Hebbe") is a pedestrian bridge in Gamla stan, the old town of Stockholm, Sweden, connecting the two islands Riddarholmen and Stadsholmen.

The bridge was given the name in 1924 after the building next to it owned by Simon Hebbe (1726–1803), manager at the East India Company, shipowner, and head of division of the national board of trade. In 1856-1866 the building in question was incorporated into the Old Parliament Building, until 1905 the location for the Swedish Parliament.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com