Haywood JunctionEdit profile
Haywood Junction (grid reference SJ994229), or Great Haywood Junction, is the name of the canal junction where the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal terminates and meets the Trent and Mersey Canal near to the village of Great Haywood, Staffordshire, England.
James Brindley built his Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal (completed 1772) to join his Trent and Mersey Canal (completed 1777) at Great Haywood as part of his Grand Cross plan to link four English estuaries: the Humber, Thames, Severn and Mersey. Haywood Junction therefore became a major transport interchange.
The roving bridge is Grade II listed.