Haydons Road railway stationEdit profile
Coordinates: 51°25′32″N 0°11′17″W / 51.4255°N 0.188°W / 51.4255; -0.188
Haydons Road railway station is in north-east of the London Borough of Merton in South London. The station is served by First Capital Connect trains and by a limited number of Southern services during the morning and evening peak. It is on the Sutton loop of the Thameslink route and is in Travelcard Zone 3.
It was opened, originally as Haydons Lane, by the Tooting , Merton & Wimbledon Railway (itself jointly owned by the London and South Western Railway and the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway) on 1 October 1868. The ticket office is on the Up side of the station; the original station buildings were redeveloped during 1991 and 1992 when land adjacent to the up platform was redeveloped for housing. Until the advent of Thameslink it was served by the London Bridge loop trains via Wimbledon.Services
The typical off-peak service from the station is 2 trains per hour to Luton via London (clockwise around the loop) and 2 trains per hour to Sutton via Wimbledon (anticlockwise).Transport links
London bus routes 200 1 min walk to the station is near by and route 156 and 493 2 mins walk to the station.