Harvard Club of New YorkEdit profile
The Harvard Club of New York, incorporated in 1887, is housed in adjoining lots at 27 West 44th Street and 35 West 44th Street. The original wing was designed in red brick neo-Georgian style by Charles Follen McKim of McKim, Mead & White and built in 1894. Anyone who has attended Harvard University may apply to become a member.
Originally founded without a location, the club first rented a townhouse on 22nd street. In 1888, land was acquired by the members on 44th street. The clubhouse was established in the neighborhood where many of New York City's other clubs such as the New York Yacht Club were located, and across the street from the General Society of Mechanics and Tradesmen of the City of New York.
The club publishes a Bulletin and a Newsletter. The HCNY Foundation has a scholarship fund that helps support twenty undergraduates at Harvard College and several students in graduate programs, as well as international student exchange programs.
The club's facilities include a bar, several dining rooms, game rooms, a library, an athletic facility, a business center and offers rooms for visiting alumni.