Harry N. Burhans HouseEdit profile
The Harry N. Burhans House is a historic Greek Revival home in the Meadowbrook area of Syracuse, New York. With a wide lawn, it commands the intersection of old roads Salt Spring Road and East Genesee Street, the latter being one of the main roads of the area. Built in 1837 on a 100-acre (0.40 km2) plot, it was the first house in the area.
In 1916, the house was renovated under supervision of architect Ward Wellington Ward. The renovation added four Mercer fireplaces. The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2007.
The house remains now on a plot of approximately 0.66-acre (2,700 m2).