Harrison County CourthouseEdit profile
The Harrison County Courthouse in Cadiz, Ohio was constructed during 1893 to 1895 by Joseph W. Yost. The courthouse mirrors others of his design, with large arched windows, mansard-roofed towers and a central clock tower domed and topped with a statue Justice. The porches to the entrances are covered with a balcony.
After the building was constructed, a mechanic's lien was filed by the Greer family to prevent the county from taking possession of the property. The issue was finally resolved and the county officials moved in.
Like other courthouses, the Harrison County courthouse fell into disrepair. In 1993, the courthouse saw renovations of the premises, including an elevator, replacement of the roof, dome, and stairs, as well as other much needed repairs.