Harold Wass Ray HouseEdit profile
The Harold Wass Ray House in Hillsboro, Oregon was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994. Harold Wass Ray purchased over 400 acres (1.8 km²) of land from Rachel Hawthorn in 1933 and over the years added more parcels of land to his holdings. The house was designed in 1935 by Portland, Oregon architect Charles Ertz. Harold Ray made money from food processing and hops. He raised thoroughbred horses, had a race track on his land and was instrumental in the creation of Portland Meadows race track. He sold his farm to the Hawthorn Farm Company and other investors in 1960. Intel purchased the property in 1979 and created the Hawthorn Farm Campus. The property was purchased in 2007 by Beardsley Building Development in an effort to restore the house to its original condition.