Hans Hanson House

The Hans Hanson House, also known as the "Hans-Lindfors House" or "Hans-Lindfors Mansion" is an historic house in Marquette, Kansas at 211 East 5th Street.

The 16-room Italianate house was built in 1888 by Hans Hanson, one of the founders of Marquette. The house also exhibits a Carpenter Gothic style, influenced by Swedish architecture. In the backyard of the home is Hanson's original 1871 wood frame cabin, where the Marquette city charter was signed. The wood frame cabin was originally attached to his 1869 log cabin. The houses were owned by the Hanson family for over 100 years. The Hans Hanson House has been restored to its original appearance and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com