Hanford Carnegie MuseumEdit profile
The Hanford Carnegie Library, now the Hanford Carnegie Museum, was built in 1905 as one of the many Carnegie libraries that were funded by the steel industry magnate, Andrew Carnegie. The library was replaced by a new structure at a different location in 1968. The old library was subsequently renovated and re-opened as the Hanford Carnegie Museum in 1974. The building is of Romanesque Revival architecture with displays of furniture and photos describing the history of the Hanford area .