Hamilton-Brown Shoe Factory

The Hamilton-Brown Shoe Factory was the first large scale industrial operation in Columbia, Missouri. It was built in 1906 by the Brown Shoe Company, the largest shoe manufacture in the world at the time. It was the first plant built outside of St. Louis and was operational from 1907-1939/ The building today has been converted into offices and lofts.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com