Halton County Radial RailwayEdit profile
The Halton County Radial Railway is a working museum of electric streetcars, other railway vehicles, trolleybusses and buses. It is operated by the Ontario Electric Railway Historical Association. It is focused primarily on the history of the Toronto Transit Commission, with a collection including PCC, and Peter Witt cars, earlier streetcars and Gloucester series and Montreal-built subway cars. The museum is open to the public, with rides on many of its vehicles. It is located between the villages of Rockwood and Campbellville in Milton, Ontario, Canada, along part of the Toronto Suburban Railway’s former right-of-way. The tracks conform to TTC’s gauge of 1,495 mm (4 ft 10 7⁄ 8 in), 60 mm (2.36 in) wider than 1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄ 2 in) Standard gauge. Vehicles from other systems must be altered to accommodate the tracks, and cars intended for third-rail power must be reconfigured for use with overhead wire. In 1889, electric railway service on routes radiating from Toronto, Ontario began. An Ontario Historical Plaque was erected at the Halton County Radial Railway Museum by the province to commemorate the Radial Railways' role in Ontario's heritage. Museum Peter Witt streetcars can be seen in the 2005 film Cinderella Man on the streets of Toronto to give it a 1930's New York City appearance ( photo of a streetcar repainted for the film).