Hallidie Building

The Hallidie Building is an office building in the Financial District of San Francisco, California, at 130 Sutter Street, between Montgomery Street and Kearny Street.       It was built around 1917-1918 and is credited as the first American building to feature glass curtain walls. The building was designed by architect Willis Polk and is named in honor of San Francisco cable car pioneer Andrew Smith Hallidie.       Currently it houses the San Francisco chapters of the American Institute of Architects, AIGA, Center for Architecture + Design, the US Green Building Council, and Charles M Salter Associates,Inc.

Building Activity

  • Nadezhda Nikolova
    Nadezhda Nikolova updated a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via Annotator
  • Kpacumup
    Kpacumup activity.buildings_person.create
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
  • Nadezhda Nikolova
    Nadezhda Nikolova updated a digital reference and updated
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a media
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
  • Dobromir Minchev
    Dobromir Minchev updated a media
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
  • Akanksha Pande
    Akanksha Pande commented
    Didn't Mies vanderohe design this bldg?
    about 6 years ago via iPhone