Gruwell and Crew General StoreEdit profile
The Gruwell and Crew General Store is one of the oldest buildings in West Branch. Mayor S.C. Gruwell and J.C. Crew built the structure in 1894, it operated as a music store, harness shop, shoe repair shop, and as a variety store. In 1964 the West Branch Heritage Foundation converted it to a museum. The building has it original false-front facade and wooden ceiling, floor and walls. It is part of the West Branch Commercial Historic District.
Preservation Iowa has listed the Gruwell and Crew General Store on its most endangered list, citing it deteriorating condition, and lack of support.