Grisamore HouseEdit profile
The Grisamore House was built by two brothers from Philadelphia, David and Wilson Grisamore, in 1837. It was designed from elements of both Federal and Greek style to build this two-story brick structure, originally intended to be a row house. It has housed several Jeffersonville families of importance. Future president William Henry Harrison gave a speech on the front porch in 1840 while campaigning to become president.
In the 1930s it was the Decker Art Studio.
It suffered fire damage in 1981, but was saved from destruction by the Jeff-Clark Preservation, Inc. In 1983 it was added to National Register of Historic Places. It is now part of the Old Jeffersonville Historic District, and houses private businesses. The Historic Landmarks Foundation of Indiana formerly had its Southern Indiana regional office here before they relocated the Willey House next to the Grisamore House.