Gregory GymnasiumEdit profile
Gregory Gymnasium is the 4,400-seat current home of the University of Texas Longhorn Women's Volleyball team, and former home of the Longhorn Basketball and Swimming teams. The basketball teams moved out in 1977 to the Erwin Center.
Built in 1930, the gym was named after its main advocate and planner, Thomas Watt Gregory. Gregory, an alumnus of the University, served on the University's Board of Regents and as United States Attorney General before the gym was built.
The gymnasium has undergone several renovations, and now consists of the original gym and a four-story annex that serves as a gymnasium with an indoor jogging track, basketball courts, racquetball and squash courts, an indoor rock-climbing wall, a spacious weight room, and a cardiovascular exercise facility. Its use is allowed for free by all University students, and at low cost to University alumni and their spouses.