Green-Meldrim House
The Green-Meldrim House is an historical building located in Savannah, Georgia. It is located at 14 West Macon Street, on the northwest corner of Madison Square and was designated as a National Historic Landmark in 1976.

History
It was designed and built between 1853 and 1861 at a cost of $93,000 by architect John Norris. The property's first owner was Charles Green, a cotton merchant. At this time, none of the original furniture is on display at the house. After the Union troops captured Savannah in 1864, Major General William T. Sherman occupied the house and used it as a headquarters until the end of the American Civil War. In 1892, local politician and judge Peter Meldrim purchased the property and lived in it a number of decades. In 1943, his heirs sold the house to the St. John's Episcopal Church, which is located next door. Tours of the house are given during the day, and the church uses it for wedding receptions and after-church events.

Architectural style
It is an example of Gothic Revival style and has a cast-iron porch, oriel windows and an imposing front cast-iron fence.