Green Howards Regimental MuseumEdit profile
Coordinates: 54°24′11″N 1°44′13″W / 54.403°N 1.737°W / 54.403; -1.737 The Green Howards Regimental Museum is the museum of the Green Howards infantry regiment of the British Army. It is located in the old Trinity Church in the centre of the market place of Richmond in the Richmondshire district of North Yorkshire, England.
Founded in 1938, it houses artefacts and displays telling three centuries of the history of the regiment. Within the museums collection are 3,750 medals and decorations presented to members of the regiment including sixteen Victoria Crosses and three George Crosses. Additionally two Victoria crosses are held by the museum for former members of the regiment that were members of other regiments during the time they performed the action which resulted in the award of the VC's:- Pte Henry Tandey of the Duke of Wellington's Regiment and Lt Col Oliver Cyril Spencer Watson Commanding the 5th King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry.