Great Synagogue, LodzEdit profile
The Great Synagogue of Łódź (Polish: Wielka Synagoga w Łodzi) was a Reform Jewish synagogue in Łódź, Poland, built in 1881. It was designed by Adolf Wolff and paid mostly by local industrialists, such as Izrael Poznański, Joachim Silberstein and Karol Scheibler. It was an exact replica of the Königsberg Temple.
It served the reformed congregation and was usually referred to as The Temple.
The synagogue was completely burned to the ground by the Nazis on the night of November 14, 1939, along with its Torah scrolls and interior fixtures. It was dismantled in 1940. Today, the site is used as a parking lot.