Gowrie railway station, MelbourneEdit profile
Gowrie is a railway station in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, located in the suburb of Fawkner, on the Upfield railway line. Gowrie is classed as a Premium Station and is in Metcard Zone 2.Facilities
Gowrie is located between Sages Road and Wells Court, with station access from both.
The station consists of two platforms, in an island format, with a large weatherboard building at the Upfield end of the station. The building houses an enclosed waiting area, ticket facilities and toilets. Gowrie is one of the few stations on the Melbourne rail network that does not have a large Metcard machine, as it was moved to Keilor Plains station in January 2002.
Gowrie marks the end of the double track on the Upfield Line and the end of the Upfield Bike PathPlatforms and services
- Upfield line - all stations services to Flinders Street
- Upfield line - all stations services to Upfield
- 527 Northland SC – Gowrie via Coburg RS, Preston RS (every day). Operated by Ivanhoe Bus Company.
- 530 Coburg – Campbellfield via Merlynston RS, Fawkner RS, Gowrie RS (every day). Operated by Broadmeadows Bus Service.
- 531 Upfield – North Coburg via Fawkner RS, Gowrie RS (Monday to Friday). Operated by Broadmeadows Bus Service.
- 536 Glenroy – Gowrie (Monday to Saturday). Operated by Dyson's Bus Services.
Gowrie station opened on 16 October 1928 as Rail Motor Stopping Place 21. It closed in 1956 and reopened in 1965 as Gowrie. Until 1991 every second train terminated here. The station was upgraded to a Premium Station in 1998.