Gothenburg School of Economics and Commercial LawEdit profile
The Gothenburg School of Business, Economics and Law at the University of Gothenburg (Swedish: Handelshögskolan vid Göteborgs universitet) is a business school in Gothenburg, Sweden. It was founded in 1923 as an independent business college and is situated in the centre of the city, between the districts Vasastaden and Haga. In 1961 it was integrated into the state-run university system, still as a separate college, but then was integrated into the University of Gothenburg in 1971. Different from the other colleges at the university, it continues to use a Swedish name form (högskola) which usually denotes an independent college.
A first major extension of the school's building was made in 1952 according to designs by the architect Carl Nyrén (in Functionalist style); the second extension was made in 1995, with a new building in Neo-Functionalist style.
On November 25, 2009, The School of Business, Economics and Law at the University of Gothenburg was granted an extension of their full accreditation by EQUIS.Programmes
It offers many study programmes including 11 two-year international master programmes taught in English, which are:
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Science in Economics
- Master of Science in Environmental Management and Economics
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Science in Innovation and Industrial Management
- Master of Science in Intellectual Capital Management
- Master of Science in International Business and Trade
- Master of Science in Logistics and Transport Management
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Science in Marketing and Consumption
- Master of Science in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Jan Eliasson (b. 1940), diplomat, Swedish foreign minister
- Percy Barnevik (b. 1941), industry leader, former CEO of Asea Brown Boveri and board member of GM
- Melker Schörling, (b. 1947), investor, major shareholder in Securitas AB and Assa Abloy. Also board member in AarhusKarlshamn AB, Hexagon AB, Hexpol AB and Securitas AB. Chairman and owner of MSAB.
- Roger Holtback, (b. 1945), industry leader, former CEO of Volvo AB and Bure
- Fredrik Andersson, (b. 1945), entrepreneur, founder of Nova-100
- Dan Sten Olsson, (b. 1947), industry leader, CEO of Stena AB and chairman in Concordia Maritime AB, Stena Line Holding B.V., Stena Metall AB, Stena Bulk AB, Stena Sessan AB, Stena Drilling Ltd. Also member of international advisory board of Alliance for Global Sustainability and honorary doctorate at the university of Chalmers.
- Carl Bennet, (b. 1951), industry leader, major shareholder and chairman in Elanders, Getinge and Lifco.
- Hans Wallenstam, (b. 1961), Business magnate, CEO and major shareholder of Wallenstam.
- Stig Nordfelt, (b. 1940), Accountant and consultant, board member of H&M and Capinordic Asset Management AB.
- Per-Olov Atle (b. 1943), industry leader, board member of Bonnier.
- Leif Östling (b. 1945), industry leader, CEO of Scania AB. Holds also an Master of Engineering (Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg).
- Lars Murman (b. 1957), Former CEO of Manpower