Golia MonasteryEdit profile
The Golia Monastery (Romanian: MÄƒnÄƒstirea Golia) is a Romanian Orthodox monastery located in Iaşi, Romania. The monastery is listed in the register of the Romanian Historical Monuments. Located in the middle of the old Moldavian capital and raised on the foundation of the church eracted, in the 16th century, by the boyar Ioan Golia, the monastery was rebuilt on a greater scale by Prince Vasile Lupu, between 1650 and 1653, and completed by his son ÅžtefÄƒniÅ£Äƒ. The monastery is surrounded by tall walls, with corner turrets and a 30 m (98.43 ft) height tower with 120 steps, one of city’s symbols, and houses the Ion CreangÄƒ Museum (the writer was curate of the church) and Trinitas Cultural-Missionary Institute.