Glens Falls HospitalEdit profile
Glens Falls Hospital is a 410 bed not-for-profit community hospital located in Glens Falls, New York. It serves the communities in Warren, Washington, Hamilton, Essex and northern Saratoga and Rensselaer counties. The hospital operates 28 off-campus health care facilities throughout the region. The hospital is the largest employer in the region with over 3,000 employees.History
The hospital was incorporated in 1897 and established at the residence of Solomon A. Parks at 48 Park Street. It came to be known as Parks Hospital. The hospital had two wards (one male, one female) consisting of 15 beds total initially. Patient treatment began in 1900. Glens Falls Hospital School of Nursing was established a few years later, although it closed in the 1930s as a result of the Great Depression. The hospital's name was officially changed to Glens Falls Hospital in 1909.
The hospital has undergone several expansion projects, notably: a west wing was added in 1950; an east wing in 1962; a west tower in 1975; the Pruyn Pavilion in 1993; and the Northwest Tower in 2005. In 2011, a helistop was constructed outside the Emergency Care Center to provide more efficient air transfers to other medical centers. What was once city streets and residences had become part of the hospital campus, having been acquired as the region's medical needs grew.