Glendower State MemorialEdit profile
Glendower, now known as Glendower State Memorial or Glendower Mansion, is an historic Greek Revival style house located at 105 Cincinnati Avenue, U.S. Route 42, Cincinnati Avenue, in Lebanon, Ohio. It was built in the 1836 by Amos Bennett for John Milton Williams, a Lebanon merchant, and named for Owen Glendower. It has been called "one of the finest examples of the Greek Revival architecture in the Middle West."
On November 10, 1970, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Until 2007, Glendower was operated and maintained by the Ohio Historical Society. On December 3, 2007, it was transferred to the Warren County Historical Society. The Society offers tours of the home from May through October.
The grounds of Glendower are often used by Civil War reenactors.