Glen Iris railway station, MelbourneEdit profile
Glen Iris is a railway station in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, located in the suburb of Glen Iris, on the Glen Waverley railway line. Glen Iris is unmanned and is in Metcard Zone 1.Station overview
Glen Iris is located at the northern end of the High Street level crossing, with station access from Paran Place, High and Wills Streets.
The station consists of two platforms, in an island format, with a fibro building in the centre. A large Metcard ticket vending machine is located at the entrance to the platforms, which is able to dispense most ticketing options available and also accept notes and coins, as well as a myki ticket vending machine. A disused ticket office window sits beside. An underpass is situated at the Glen Waverley end of the station.History
Glen Iris station opened on 24 March 1890. Electrification reached the station in 1922.Platforms, services and connecting services
- Metro Trains services towards Flinders Street.
- Metro Trains services towards Glen Waverley.
- 612 Box Hill - Chadstone SC via Box Hill bus terminus, Camberwell Station, Glen Iris Station, East Malvern Station, Chadstone SC.
- 734 Glen Iris - Glen Waverley via Glen Iris Station, Ashburton Station, Glen Waverley Station.
- Tram route 6 Glen Iris - Melbourne University via High Street, Swanston Street.