George and Gladys Scheidemantel House

Edit profile
George and Gladys Scheidemantel House

George and Gladys Scheidemantel House is a historic home located at East Aurora in Erie County, New York. It is a locally distinctive example of the Arts and Crafts movement style of architecture built in 1910. It is a two story, frame, bungalow that combines elements of the American Foursquare and Craftsman styles. George Scheidemantel was for a time head of the Roycroft Leather Shop and the house designer, William Roth, was head Roycroft carpenter.

The house now serves as The Elbert Hubbard Roycroft Museum. The museum features furniture and decorative items produced by the Roycroft community.

It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1993.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com