Gen. William Grose HouseEdit profile
The General William Grose House is located at 614 S. 14th St., New Castle, Indiana and is the home of the Henry County Historical Society.History
The Italianate mansion was built in 1870 by Civil War Major General William Grose and his wife Rebecca. General Grose commanded the 36th Indiana Regiment and fought in the battles at Vicksburg, Chattanooga, Chickmauga and Atlanta. He resided in the house until his death in 1900. The Henry County Historical Society acquired the 16 room mansion in 1902 and operates it as a museum.