Gallon House BridgeEdit profile
Gallon House Bridge (also Gallonhouse Bridge) is a wooden covered bridge spanning Abiqua Creek in rural Marion County, Oregon, United States built in 1916. The 84 foot (26 m) long bridge derived its name during prohibition when it was a meeting place for bootleggers and moonshiners. The bridge was swept off its footings in the December 1964 flood, but was restored immediately after. Gallon House Bridge is approximately two miles NNW of the city of Silverton west of Oregon Route 214 on Gallon House Road.