Gallagher Center
The Gallagher Center, named after John J. "Taps" Gallagher (1905-1982), is a 2,400-seat multi-purpose arena at Niagara University's campus in Lewiston, New York. The structure was initially built in 1949 and substantially renovated in 1999. It is the home court of the Niagara Purple Eagles men's basketball and women's basketball and volleyball teams. The center was renamed for coach John J. "Taps" Gallagher on May 23, 1982. Coach Gallagher guided the Purple Eagles men's team for 31 seasons, beginning 1931, leading the team to 25 winning seasons, including 11 Little Three championships and seven appearances in the National Invitation Tournament when the NIT was the premiere postseason tournament.

Student Center
The lower level of Gallagher Center houses the Student Center and Campus Activities Office. Additional offices located in the Gallagher Center include
  • Financial Aid Office
  • Records
  • Campus Ministry
  • Student Life
  • Multicultural and International Student Affairs
  • Athletics
  • Marketing
  • WNIA Radio


2 photos