Franklin Cider MillEdit profile
The Franklin Cider Mill, located near Franklin, Michigan opened in 1837 as a gristmill owned by Col. Peter Van Every. This mill was the first in Oakland County where farmers could sell their wheat for cash money.
In 1914, the mill was sold to James T. Flynn, who installed the first water-powered apple press. After several owners, the mill was again sold to Jack Peltz who operated the mill for almost 35 years until his death on July 27, 2004.
Today, the Franklin Cider Mill retains its immense popularity with locals and out-of-towners alike, and is still owned and managed by the Peltz family. Though actually located outside of Franklin's borders in Bloomfield Township, the mill is traditionally considered part of Franklin Village. Along with apple cider and hot donuts, the mill also sells a variety of apples, meats, cheeses, pies, candies, breads, and fruits. The mill operates during the fall from Labor Day to Thanksgiving weekend.